If you have shared personal information with us or accepted marketing communications from one of our experimental group properties, we at experimental group are solely responsible for that data.
1. When you sign up to any of our newsletters under the Experimental Group umbrella
2. When you visit our websites
3. When you sign up to use our free wifi
4. When you reach out via phone or email to make a booking at any of our hotels, restaurants, bars or members clubs
5. When reserving a table or hotel room via third party reservation systems included but not limited to open table, etc
6. When completing a feedback form
7. When completing any transactions, employment or other forms
We may collect your name, date of birth, address, email and telephone number, depending on the nature of your request. We may also collect other personal details including:
1. Your visit preferences, such as why you visited, preferred tables, your favourite dishes, drinks or rooms, as well as which experimental group establishments you prefer to visit
2. The transactions you make with experimental group, whether that’s whilst you are physically at one of our establishments, over phone or on email
3. Details of your visits to our websites
4. Details of your visits whilst using our wifi
5. Details of which electronic newsletters you open and your actions with it, including clicking on links and forwarding.
6. Details of any correspondence with experimental group properties or its head office, whether by email, post or phone
7. Any other information that may be used to identify you, which is readily available on public registers
We confirm that any personal data you share with us will be held securely. We will use and process your personal details in accordance with the data protection act 1998, as amended from time to time, as well as other relevant data protection acts or privacy legislation that may arise in the future. We ensure that all your personal information is kept confidential, although we reserve the right to disclose details under certain circumstances. Please see further information below:
1. To process any reservations / bookings that you have made via our websites or email. Please be aware that we may need to pass along your details to third party providers for reservation purposes. We may retain your information for a reasonable amount of time post transactions for things such as reservation guarantees, refunds, etc.
2. To process payment and prevent fraudulent transactions. Again, we may retain the information supplied for a reasonable amount of time and we may be required to pass your details to a third party to carry out certain functions.
3. To improve our websites
4. To comply with legal obligations
5. To enforce and apply each properties terms & conditions and other agreements
6. To protect the rights, property, intellectual property and/or safety of experimental group, other guests and/or others. This may include exchanging information with other organisations for the purpose of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
7. To retain your personal information and preferences in order to keep you informed by email, post, text, phone and any other digital means including but not limited to social media platforms, details about new and current products, special offers, discounts, events and competitions offered by experimental group and its properties. We will recommend ones that we feel may be particularly interesting to you. This may result in Experimental Group sharing your information with carefully selected third parties who will retain and process information for the sole purpose of sending out experimental group communication.
8. To process your job application. We may retain record of your information, including cv and letter, for a reasonable period of time for recruitment and administration purposes.
Please be aware that any third parties that we share information with are carefully selected and we require them to treat your information confidentially. We and they will use this information to help us improve the quality of our offering and run business on a day to day level. They will also use the information for marketing, fraud and credit checking purposes.
Please note that should we have a request from the police, regulatory authority or government body investigating any sort of suspected illegal activities, we will readily supply them with your personal information or any other information we have retained from you and are required to do so.
Should you contact us by telephone, please be aware that calls may be monitored for quality, training and security purposes. We may also be required to monitor calls without your consent for the following circumstances:
1. To provide evidence of a business transaction
2. To prevent or detect a crime
3. To investigate fraudulent use of telecom systems
4. In the interest of national security
5. To ensure the effective option of our telecom system
6. To ensure a business complies with regulatory procedures
Under the data protection legislation, you have the right to access information held about you. Should you choose to exercise this right, any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs to provide you with details of the information we hold about you.
If you feel that you no longer want us to hold your personal details or wish to no longer receive communication from us, there are various ways you can unsubscribe, as follows:
1. Click ‘unsubscribe’ on receipt of any marketing communications received by email. Each unsubscribe request filed this way will only relate to that specific type of communication, so should you unsubscribe from a specific communication from a particular experimental group location, you may receive communication from another Experimental Group location. Please be aware that you may continue to receive communication for a short period of time until your request is completed.
2. Alternatively, please email email@example.com with your request